Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Role Models

      During my lifetime I had a few important role models. From an early age, my parents were important in shaping my ideas and values. Another important person in my life was my grandfather. These three people taught me the important things in life, God, Country, and Honor. My grandfather also taught me the Protestant ethic, early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. When I was an adult, I met my counselor in high school. We immediately connected with each other. Soon, he was sharing stories with me about his experiences as a pilot in the Air Force during World War II. Later in life, when I was choosing a career, I decided to follow in Mr. Turner's footsteps. All these people helped to mold me into the person that I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Raul, years I ago I read a quote that has influenced me greatly: "Gratitude is the essence of joy." From your entry, I believe that you feel and express a lot of gratitude. What a wonderful habit! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete